quarta-feira, 9 de março de 2011

Grey's Anatomy ~ Quotes

At the end of a day like this, a day when so many prayers are answered and so many aren't... We take our miracles where we find them. We reach across the gap, and sometimes... against all odds... against all logic... we touch.
- Meredith Grey (3x17, Some kind of miracle)





That day, when you came out of the water... it was the scariest time of my life, trying to breathe for you. I love you and I want you, but I don't know what... You didn't swim. You didn't swim, and you know how to. And I don't know if I can... I don't know if I want... keep trying to breathe for you.
- Derek Shepherd (3x21, Desire)

Maybe we accept the dream has become a nightmare. We tell ourselves that reality is better. We convince ourselves it's better that we never dream at all. But the strongest of us, the most determined of us, holds on to the dream. Or we find ourselves faced with a fresh dream we never considered. We wake to find ourselves, against all odds, feeling hopeful. And, if we're lucky, we realize in the face of everything... in the face of live... the true dream is being able to dream at all.
- Meredith Grey (3x23, The other side of life)

Heaven. Hell. Limbo. No-one even knows where we're going. Or what is waiting for us when we get there. But the one thing we can say, with absolute certainty, is that there are moments that take us to another place. Moments of Heaven on Earth. And maybe for now, that's all we need to know.
- Denny Duquette (5x13, Stairway to Heaven)

Did you say it? "I love you"... "I don't ever want to live without you"... "You changed my life"... Did you say it? Make a plan... Set a goal... Work toward it... But every now and then, look around... drink it in... Because this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow.
- Meredith Grey (5x24, Now or never)

There is always a way when things look like there's no way. There's a way to do the impossible, to survive the unsurvivable. There's always a way. And you, you and I have this in common. We're inspired. In the face of the impossible, we're inspired. So if I can offer one piece of advice to the world's foremost neuro surgeon... Today, if you become frightened, instead become inspired.
- Isaac (6x07, Give peace a chance)

Burke was... He took something from me. He took little pieces from me. Little pieces over time, so small I didn't even notice, you know. He wanted me to be something I wasn't and I made myself into what he wanted. One day I was me, Cristina Yang, and suddenly I was lying for him and jeopardizing my career, and agreeing to be married and wearing a ring and being a bride. Until I was standing there in a wedding dress with no eyebrows, and I wasn't Cristina Yang anymore. And even then, I would've married him. I would have. I lost myself for a long time. And now that I'm finally me again, I can't. I love you. I love you more than I loved Burke. And that scares the crap out of me because when you asked me to ignore Teddy's page, you took a piece of me, and I let you. And that will never happen again.
- Cristina Yang (6x13, State of love and trust)

The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no, in or out, up or down. And then there are the choices that matter. Love or hate... To be a hero or to be a coward... To fight or to give in... To live... or die. Live or die... That's the important choice. And it's not always in our hands.
- Derek Shepherd (6x24, Death and all his friends)

OK, first of all, you do not need the law or a priest or your mother to make your wedding real. And the church can be anywhere you want it to be. In a field, on a mountain, right here in this room, anywhere, because where do you think God is? Come on, He's in you. He's in me. Just right here, in the middle of us. Your church just hasn't caught up to God yet. Your mother, she hasn't caught up to God yet. And, by the way, she may not ever catch up, but it's ok. It's ok. If you are willing to stand up in front of your friends, family, and God, and commit yourself to another human being to give yourself in that kind of partnership for better or worse, in sickness and in health. Honey, that is a marriage. That is real, and that's all that matters.
- Miranda Bailey (7x20, White Wedding)

There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't because I thought I'd be happy alone. It was because I thought if I loved someone and then it fell apart I might not make it. It is easier to be alone. Because what if you learn that you need love and then you don't have it? What if you like it and lean on it? What if you shape your life around it and then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage. It's like dying. The only difference is... death ends. This... it could go on forever.
- Meredith Grey (7x22, Unaccompanied Minor)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário